Interested in working with Security Signs? We are a diverse team of problem solvers, creative thinkers and skilled makers and doers. We are always looking to add more talent to the team.
Security Signs offers competitive benefits, 401K,
and paid time off.
Take a look at our available positions below and get in touch.
Currently we are seeking to add a new team member to our Graphic Art Department. We are looking for a candidate with enthusiasm and drive that matches our own. This position utilizes strong creativity and design skills with attention to detail.
Security Signs provides competitive pay, medical/dental/vision plan, matching 401(k), and paid time off benefits.
The graphic designer is responsible for the development of visual concepts and designs ensuring the constructability of environmental graphics and signage.
- Design signage, logos and other artwork pertaining to the project using various software.
- Integrate messaging, color, typography and materials into interior and exterior environments.
- Apply creative and innovative ideas, concepts, and suggestions that fit the client’s requirements.
- Create detailed construction drawings for manufacturing.
- Design within established city codes and/or property signage criteria.
- Design within guidelines and standards for quality purposes.
- Collaborate with production team to insure constructability and material availability.
- Manage schedule to meet project deadlines.
- Meet with project teams, clients and/or creative director when needed to determine scope of a project.
- Knowledge of sign materials and fabrications methods.
- Knowledge of signage standards and requirements.
- Detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture.
- Strong creative and design skills.
- Proficiency drawing in scale and familiarity with architectural construction documents, elevations, plans, and shop drawings.
- Excellent proofreading and quality control skills.
- Flexibility to work both collaboratively and independently on projects of all scales and types.
- A quick understanding of direction and the capability to implement feedback swiftly.
- Proficiency in Corel Draw, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft products.
- 3-5 years of graphic design experience in the Sign or Experiential Design industries.
- 2 or 4 year degree in design, graphics or another related field preferred.
- Structural design experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Corel Draw and SketchUp experience preferred.
Please include a cover letter giving an example of a deadline that was challenging and how you overcame obstacles in order to meet the target date. Also, include a photo of your favorite sign with a brief explanation of what inspired you about its design.
Pre-employment drug screen required.